Saturday, June 28, 2008

reppin' unc

I'm off to work at this kids camp for four days and therefore won't be posting.

Yesterday at my Arabic lesson the maid was in the school cleaning and she was wearing a blue skirt and a Carolina Basketball t-shirt that was very worn with bleach stains and dirt stains.

She laughed when I told her it was my college basketball t-shirt. I think she had gotten it once from foreign employers. Then before she left she changed into her street clothes and put her veil back on (only myself and my tutor were there, both women) and she suddenly looked like how I would have expected her to look. It was nice to see some one reppin' unc for a bit...

Got to go-- have to leave for the camp in 45 minutes.

2 comments:

amanda said...

have a wonderful time! i will try my best to catch up with you via skype when you return--i've been at the beach all week and thus have very limited internet access. can't wait to hear from you again, habibi, ya noor a3yni.

H said...

i'm on wordpress, now, dear...

http://findingmyrealname.wordpress.com/

i miss you and i was so grateful to talk to you on gchat the other night.

love,
han